Don’t let your face get all the attention when it comes to masks! Give your hair some much deserved love and attention as well. Hair masks have so many benefits including but limited to the following: shinier softer hair, added moisture, reduced hair breakage and damage, healthier scalp, and stronger hair!
On top of all that making your own using ingredients at home saves on packaging and waste making it more environmentally friendly as well! So you can show yourself and the enviornment some love by making these easy, d.i.y hair masks!
Take a look at this list we have compiled together below and pick your favourites to try! (or all of them is you really want to!)
For dry hair: honey, egg and apple Cider vinegar mask
If you have noticed that your hair feels and looks a little dry this honey, egg and apple cider vinegar mask is the one for you. The ingredients combined act as a great hydrator and leaves you hair glowing at the same time.
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ACV
(if you have longer hair you may need to double recipe to cover your hairs length!)
Using a small bowl, mix the ingredients together and leave on your hair for 30-40 minutes. Rinse it out and enjoy your new hydrated, radiant hair!
For faster hair growth: cinnamon and coconut oil mask
The anti-microbial elements of cinnamon is known to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth and strength. Yes please!
- Equal amounts of cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Mix the cinnamon and coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Apply the mask to your roots and hair parting.
- Massage into your scalp.
- Let the mask sit for 30-40 minutes before rinsing it out.
- Repeat at least once weekly for best results.
For damaged hair: coconut oil and honey mask
I mean is there anything that coconut oil doesn’t fix? It seems if you have a problem with anything just slap some coconut oil on it and problem solved! When it comes to weak and damaged hair coconut oil will be your hero. Coconut oil has great moisturising properties and therefore keeps your hair soft and hydrated while also preventing hair breakages.
Coconut oil is full of fatty acids enabling it to penetrate the hair more deeply than regular conditioners. Leaving you with soft, luscious locks!
Honey backs up the coconut oil as it also has great moisturising properties. If your hair is dry and brittle, honey sucks the moisture in to your hair and stops it escaping. Keeping your hair hydrated and preventing it from breaking and becoming more damaged.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Transfer to a microwave friendly container and heat up until melted.
- Apply to your hair from top to bottom and cover with a shower cap.
- Let it sit on your hair for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and flaunt your fabulous, moisturised hair!
For frizzy hair: banana, yogurt and honey hair mask
Bananas act as a super power ingredient in hair masks. Loaded with natural, oils, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. These work together to lock in moisture in your hair and eliminate frizz.
Yogurt treats the dull appearance that often comes with frizz while also repairing any damaged in your hair. All thanks to the lactic acid present in yogurt.
Honey boosts moisture and gives your hair a fabulous shine!
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all the ingredients together, either using a blender or masking up the banana and and mixing the ingredients in.
- Apply the mask to damp hair from the bottom up.
- Tie your hair up and cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave mask on your hair for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off and wash your hair with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
- Kiss goodbye to your frizzy hair!
Have you tried hair masks before?